The Fine Print
Lesson Administration & Direct Debit Policy
Enrolments into the program can be made at any time throughout the year.
Upon making a booking, you are required to pay the fees for the first month (or part month) of lessons and create a login to the Aquabliss Customer Accounts Portal whereupon bank details must be entered for direct debit purposes.
Subsequent fees must be paid via direct debit and will be debited monthly. Your nominated bank account or credit card will be debited on the 1st of the month for that month. Eg. you will be direct debited on the 1st of July for your July fees.
Your booking will continue each month until written notification is given for the cancellation of lessons (see Cancelling a Booking).
Bookings can only be made within one week of the desired start date.
We understand that you cannot always attend your scheduled lessons, therefore we offer make-up lessons.
Conditions for make-up lessons:
- For a make-up voucher to be applied to your account, the centre must be notified of the absence before 8:00 am on the day of the lesson
- Make-up lessons are limited to a maximum of 8 per calendar year per weekly booking. 1 lesson booked per week = 8 make-ups / 2 lessons booked per week = 16 make-ups etc.
- Make-up lessons expire on 31 December each year. Any unused make-up vouchers will be forfeited
- Make-up lessons can only be booked within 7 days from the date of the request
- Make-up lessons are offered where available space exists in another class, so they are subject to availability and the same instructor cannot be guaranteed
- Make-up lessons cannot be booked within the School Holiday Intensive program
- If you are unable to attend the scheduled make-up lesson, it will be forfeited
- If your perpetual booking is cancelled, any unused make-up lessons will be forfeited
- There will be no refund or credit given for missed or unused make-up lessons
Please note: Managers have some discretion to slightly extend the quota of make-ups to accommodate extenuating circumstances beyond a parent’s control, e.g. continued or repeated illness/hospitalisation etc. Medical or other suitable evidence may be required to support a request for extra make-ups.
Written notification may take the form of either an email sent to the centre’s email address or by filling in a Cancellation Form at the centre.
Please ensure cancellations are received on time as cancellations received after your direct debit has been processed will not be refunded or credited, i.e. there will be no refund or credit given for which payment has already been received.
- We can link the family member/s to the responsible person/bill payer
- The responsible person/bill payer agrees to pay for the fees/s from the same account
Except for our tadpole parent and baby classes, students with addtional needs and aqua aerobics cusomers, a swim cap is essential for every student, no matter how short or long their hair. This also applies to lap swimmers, aqua-aerobic customers and participants in any other pool-related activities.
Exemptions will be granted where special or medical reasons prevent wearing a swim cap. A letter from a certified professional may be required.
If your child refuses to wear a swim cap, we can make exceptions from time to time, for a short while, to help your child get used to wearing one. We’ll appreciate you talking to us and working with us so that together we can help your child adjust.
A swim cap will
- Keep hair out of faces & goggles in place
- Keep swimmers warmer
- Keep our pool water cleaner
You can read more about the benefits of wearing a swim cap in this blog.
While goggles aren‘t mandatory, we highly recommend them when learning to swim. It encourages students to put their heads under water and helps to improve their body positioning. We find that wearing goggles often speeds up learning.
However, for some classes, and during Pass Class, (which is part of our Swim Safety Week, usually held at least twice a year), students will be expected (but not forced) to swim without goggles. This is to ensure your child does not become over-dependent on goggles and is able to swim without them because it’s likely your child won’t be wearing them if they accidentally fall into water.
Babies and toddlers not fully toilet trained must wear tight–fitting waterproof swim nappies.
Any person not complying with this policy will be instructed to not enter the water (e.g. we notice the child is wearing an ordinary nappy) or leave the water (e.g. the nappy needs changing.)
All swimmers and guests must wear suitable clothing. We do not allow clothes with offensive images or innappropriate language.
Upon making a booking the customer is required to pay the fees for their first month (or part month) of lessons. Only the first initial payment can be made using cash or EFTPOS. All future fees must be paid by Direct Debit.
If full payment has not been made within 1 week after the commencement of the first class for such a booking, then Aquabliss may cancel the booking after giving the customer prior notice whether by email, phone or text that such payment is required. Once the customer enters their nominated bank details they agree that they are obliged to pay Aquabliss the current pricing amount for any such booking(s) without any set off or deduction and that Aquabliss is entitled to charge their nominated bank account, credit or debit card for such past due fees without further notice to the customer.
Subsequent monthly fees are direct debited on the 1st of each month from the customer’s nominated bank account, credit, or debit card. Any exception to Direct Debit compliance must only be approved, in writing, by the General Manager.
If the customer account is closed for any reason, any credit is lost.
We may close a customer account, at our option, if the customer is in default of payment or in breach of our terms and policies, if we notice any other issue or error with the account (including possible fraud or criminal activity) or if the account remains idle for 12 months or more.
Credit may not be assigned or transferred to another customer account, except in our discretion.
We may approve a transfer of credit where you change your account details but not where the customer identity changes.
Credit is otherwise valid for a maximum of 12 months from the date of issue or creation.
Expired credit will be deleted and is not refundable.
We are not responsible for notifying you of the credit expiry date on issue or to provide you with reminders.
Credits can only be applied towards swimming lessons and for no other purpose and may not be used in conjunction with special offers and promotions which state credit does not apply.
Credit may not be redeemed for cash or converted into any other forms of tender including gift cards or vouchers.
- Phoning you or speaking to you at your centre
- Writing to the email address you last gave us
Sometimes, we may also close centres for refurbishment to improve their facilities. We do not reduce your fees because your centre is closed for renovations provided it does not affect your use of the facilities. We reduce the direct debit charge if your scheduled lesson falls on a public holiday and we are closed on that day or if we are closed for a holiday shutdown or an extended shutdown caused by maintenance repairs.
The most up-to-date terms and conditions always apply. You can find these on our website at www.aquabliss.com.au.
- Publishing them in our newsletter or on our website
- Placing a notice at the centre
- Phoning you or writing to the email address you last gave us (we generally do not use post unless absolutely required)
- Transfer to another centre, if available
- A pause on your booking/s with no fees to be charged
We may choose to refuse your bookings until:
- Your doctor agrees in writing that the swimmer is fit to exercise
- You show us proof that you have received medical advice on an appropriate exercise program
- You have an infection, contagious illness or material physical ailment, such as an open cut or sore or there is any other material risk, to other members and guests
- In this instance you will be entitled to a make up in accordance with our make-up policy.
Children under 10 – a parent/carer must always be present poolside. The water can be a scary place for some children and sometimes instructions/guidance is required to be sought from you or someone who knows your child well. We also find that in these early years of learning to swim, it’s advantageous that you or someone close to your child are involved in their swim journey.
Children aged 10 & 11 – the parent/carer can leave the poolside/site whilst the lesson is taking place, if they feel their child can cope. However, they must be present at the beginning and end of the lesson, and responsible for getting their child changed. It gets busy during lesson changeover times and we can’t allow staff to be taken away from water safety duties by having to supervise individual children. We see these as the transitional years, where children are learning to become more and more independent as they near their high school journey. So whilst in the water, most are able to cope without having an adult poolside during the lesson.
- Threatening or harassing others including our staff, customers and/or suppliers whether at the centre and/or on social media etc
- damaging equipment
If you would like to discuss any of the above in more detail, please talk to one of our reception team or your Centre Manager.