The Fine Print
Lesson Administration & Direct Debit Policy
Enrolments into the program can be made at any time throughout the year.
Upon making a booking, you are required to pay the fees for the first month (or part month) of lessons and create a login to the Aquabliss Customer Accounts Portal whereupon bank details must be entered for direct debit purposes.
Subsequent fees must be paid via direct debit and will be debited monthly. Your nominated bank account or credit card will be debited on the 1st of the month for that month. Eg. you will be direct debited on the 1st of July for your July fees.
Your booking will continue each month until written notification is given for the cancellation of lessons (see Cancelling a Booking).
Bookings can only be made within one week of the desired start date.
Conditions for make-up lessons:
- The centre must be notified of the absence before 8:00am on the day of the lesson
- Make-up lessons are limited to a maximum of 8 per calendar year and re-set to zero on 1st January
- Make-up lessons can only be booked within 7 days from the date of the request
- Make up lessons are subject to availability and the same instructor cannot be guaranteed
- Make-up lessons cannot be booked within the School Holiday Intensive program
- If you are unable to attend the scheduled make-up lesson, it will be forfeited
- If your perpetual booking is cancelled, any unused make-up lessons will be forfeited
- There will be no refund or credit given for missed or unused make-up lessons If an injury or illness arises, eg. broken bone(s) or hospitalisation, that prevents a student from swimming for an extended period you may elect to utilise makeup lessons as an alternative to cancelling your booking.
Written notification may take the form of either an email sent to the centre’s email address or by filling in a Cancellation Form at the centre.
Please ensure cancellations are received on time as cancellations received after your direct debit has been processed will not be refunded or credited, i.e. there will be no refund or credit given for which payment has already been received.
- We can link the family member/s to the responsible person/bill payer
- The responsible person/bill payer agrees to pay for the fees/s from the same account
Upon making a booking the customer is required to pay the fees for their first month (or part month) of lessons. Only the first initial payment can be made using cash or EFTPOS. All future fees must be paid by Direct Debit.
If full payment has not been made within 1 week after the commencement of the first class for such a booking, then Aquabliss may cancel the booking after giving the customer prior notice whether by email, phone or text that such payment is required. Once the customer enters their nominated bank details they agree that they are obliged to pay Aquabliss the current pricing amount for any such booking(s) without any set off or deduction and that Aquabliss is entitled to charge their nominated bank account, credit or debit card for such past due fees without further notice to the customer.
Subsequent monthly fees are direct debited on the 1st of each month from the customer’s nominated bank account, credit, or debit card. Any exception to Direct Debit compliance must only be approved, in writing, by the General Manager.
- Phoning you or speaking to you at your centre
- Writing to the email address you last gave us
Sometimes, we may also close centres for refurbishment to improve their facilities. We do not reduce your fees because your centre is closed for renovations provided it does not affect your use of the facilities. We reduce the direct debit charge if your scheduled lesson falls on a public holiday and we are closed on that day or if we are closed for a holiday shutdown or an extended shutdown caused by maintenance repairs.
The most up-to-date terms and conditions always apply. You can find these on our website at www.aquabliss.com.au.
- Publishing them in our newsletter or on our website
- Placing a notice at the centre
- Phoning you or writing to the email address you last gave us (we generally do not use post unless absolutely required)
- Transfer to another centre, if available
- A pause on your booking/s with no fees to be charged
We may choose to refuse your bookings until:
- Your doctor agrees in writing that the swimmer is fit to exercise
- You show us proof that you have received medical advice on an appropriate exercise program
- You have an infection, contagious illness or material physical ailment, such as an open cut or sore or there is any other material risk, to other members and guests
- In this instance you will be entitled to a make up in accordance with our make-up policy.
Children under 10 - a parent/carer must always be present poolside. The water can be a scary place for some children and sometimes instructions/guidance is required to be sought from you or someone who knows your child well. We also find that in these early years of learning to swim, it's advantageous that you or someone close to your child are involved in their swim journey.
Children aged 10 & 11 - the parent/carer can leave the poolside/site whilst the lesson is taking place, if they feel their child can cope. However, they must be present at the beginning and end of the lesson, and responsible for getting their child changed. It gets busy during lesson changeover times and we can't allow staff to be taken away from water safety duties by having to supervise individual children. We see these as the transitional years, where children are learning to become more and more independent as they near their high school journey. So whilst in the water, most are able to cope without having an adult poolside during the lesson.
- Threatening or harassing others including our staff, customers and/or suppliers whether at the centre and/or on social media etc
- damaging equipment
If you would like to discuss any of the above in more detail, please talk to one of our reception team or your Centre Manager.