About the Course
Swim Australia™ Teacher
A Swim Australia Teacher has the competence and knowledge to teach swimming and water safety to independent learners in groups of varying sizes.
- Approved by the Government
- Endorsed by Swimming Australia
- Enhanced pathways for Teachers
The key features and benefits of this course are:
- Approved by the Federal Government and meets their requirements in terms of the holders of the accreditation being able to conduct GST free lessons;
Endorsed by Swimming Australia Limited, the peak body for the sport of swimming in Australia;
Affordable due to lower delivery costs, administration costs and re-registration requirements;
Aligned with ASCTA coaching accreditations resulting in enhanced developmental pathways for Teachers;
Students are comprehensively covered by insurance even for 28 days after becoming qualified.
Course content is delivered by a combination of:
- Self paced e-learning via CD ROM supported by numerous video clips, practical examples and tools for students.
- Randomised questions with instant feedback on incorrect responses are a feature.
- Pool based Practical Induction course.
- Progressive supervised on the job training.
The course fee also includes complimentary ASCTA Base Membership until 30 June the following year.