About the Course
Swim Australia™ Teacher of Competitive Swimming
The SAT Competitive Swimming Course has the competence and knowledge to teach progressions and stroke correction to aspiring swimmers.
- Approved by the Government
- Endorsed by Swimming Australia
- Enhanced pathways for Teachers
The key features and benefits of this course are:
- Endorsed by Swimming Australia Limited, the peak body for the sport of swimming in Australia;
- Teach those in the early stages of the competitive swimming development
- A SAT CS has the competence to assist in planning, organising, delivery and evaluation of sessions,
- Developing the technique of novice swimmers and to teach junior swimmers (i.e. swimmers 12-years and younger)
- Assist a suitably qualified (and licenced) Coach in the delivery of competitive swimming programs for age-group (i.e. 13-18 years) and open swimmers.
Course content is delivered by a combination of:
- 7 hour SAT CS course enables you to improve aspiring swimmers technique and performance.
- Teaching progressions including starts, turns, finishes, rules and fault identification;
- Correction of competitive Freestyle, Breaststroke, Backstroke and Butterfly;
- Teaching progressions of Individual Medleys including turns, rules and strategies; and
- Swimming squad organisation and management strategies.
The course fee also includes complimentary ASCTA Base Membership until 30 June the following year.